Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Wednesday 5 June 2013

humble and happy?




i read this quote last week and it thought yes, yes that is true. but then i thought: how do i spend less time thinking of myself? 
two weeks ago i listened to a preach in my church, and the preacher told us that he always prays when he is in the car on his way to work. 

when i am on the bus on my way to uni, i usually think about what i need to do that day or i lose myself in daydreams of my future house, husband, children, job etc - and in these dreams i always are in the centre of attention. this is not really the definition of humility. also i don't think that these dreams of the future where everything is better than now, are particularly helpful or constructive.

i felt really challenged this morning to consciously choose not to think about myself but to recalibrate myself again and again and set my focus on jesus. 

it is my experience that when i occupy my mind with him, all the other things come into perspective. things i worry about or that make me feel scared are not as daunting and important anymore. funny, how thinking of myself less, actually makes me more calm and satisfied.

rather than dreaming of the future i want to thank god for this day, for the people who surround me now and i want to be open and perceptive to where i can be a blessing to others. 


my beautiful lancaster... 



1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written. I like that you said, the less you think of yourself, the more things fall into perspective thru the eyes of Jesus. lovely.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!